9.13.2006

Wednesday 1:07 p.m. ET

Just a quick note to say that things are going well, but not as well as we might hope. Eli is eating well and is in much better spirits. Lia is allowed to hold her to feed her, which makes a big difference. Yesterday they did find some bugs in her CSF, but it’s unclear whether that is the result of contaminants in the sample or a further infection—we ardently hope the former. I’ve gone to school every day this week while Julia’s played with Nin; we all meet up at the hospital where we spend our evenings. Yesterday, Lia was visited in the hospital by our Relief Society president and by our local missionaries. Julia was excited yesterday to get a package from her other grandma (my mom) with a basket full of toy food, the various articles of which she strews promiscuously about whatever premises she happens to inhabit at any given nanosecond. Lia seems happy and upbeat, though I don’t know how she does it. I personally can’t stand being in the hospital and it kills me to see Eli with all those cords. Lia’s been patiently magnificent through all of this. That’s all for now, though I’ll try to update consistently. It turns out this law school business requires some effort after all, and it takes up time.

2 comments:

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

It is good that Eli is eating. Hopefully she does not have another infection... Yeah, I don't know how Lia is so upbeat! She even read our blog and used exclamation points. You are super-woman, Lia!

JAJ said...

It's good to hear that spirits are high despite all that is going on.
-A