9.17.2006

Day 12

Please hold all ecstatic celebration over the desirable cultures from the 14th. That's right, some dormant little bacteria on one of the two dishes decided to wake up and show itself this morning, so we had to erase the little happy face on our bacteria calendar. However, that was the last culture before they started injecting vancomycin directly into the valve and before they doubled the dose of oxacyllin being administered by IV. Neurosurg (I'm all about the acronyms and clipped references now. I'm so in the know I even put in special orders on my hospital meal menu!) has to make the ultimate decision about everything--as we're told everytime we talk to anyone but neurosurg--but as of 4:00 p.m. when I write this she is still an ad-on to reinternalize the shunt tomorrow. In other news, her dressing just wasn't holding up and they have now wrapped her little head in a gauze turban. She looks really cute. But she's crying, so that's all for now. Thank you for your continued interest, support, and prayers.

Lia

2 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Thanks for the updates. We're still praying for Eli and hope that she can go home sooner rather than later. (And look--I finally got over my laziness enough to get an account and comment!)

JAJ said...

Tell the turban wearin' Eli Baba to send her theives after the Neurosurg team. That'll teach 'em to leave you waiting for news.

-A