I forgot to mention yesterday that, while we were all visiting Lia and Katharine at the hospital, Julia had an adventure in the bathroom. Her visit to Lia's restroom began innocuously enough, but when it came time to clean up, she thought she needed some help wiping (she usually does this on her own with toddler wipes, which she calls "Tobbler Flushables," but is sometimes reluctant to hack it alone in foreign places when toilet paper is involved). Fortunately, she saw an immediate answer to her dilemma in the form of a small sign reading, "Pull for Help," with an appended string. Assuming that by pulling the string she could get Lia's ready attention, Julia pulled away. In stormed a small army of nurses, ready to rescue Lia from some restroom calamity or other. They were as puzzled by the orderly scene they discovered as we were by their sudden and anxious appearance. But Lia soon understood. "Julia, did you pull that string?" she cried. "Yes," called a tiny voice. "I need help."
11.14.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That is classic!
Congrats on your new baby. We are, as I am sure everyone in the ward is, anxious to meet her.
hahahaha! Hilarious! When are we going to see a pic of the baby??? We are very very anxious!
hahahaha! Hilarious! When are we going to see a pic of the baby??? We are very very anxious!
Congratualtiosn to the 5 of you. We can't wait for more news.
Congratulations Lia & Justin!
This is what happens when two overly smart people breed. Smart kids who read signs. Next thing you know she'll be making Gretchen's dad's favorite joke: "'Watch for rocks?' Sure, I'll trade a watch for a rock! What a deal!"
Kids aren't supposed to be able to read Shakespeare before they are potty trained. You're setting an impossible standard.
BTW, Gretchen's been literally stopping what she's doing every hour, walking over to the computer, and saying "Let's see if the Collings added any pictures." She's disappointed every time. Hook a sista up.
Any reasonable person would have done the same. You go, girl!
Well, this has to be the funniest blog story I have read, well, ever. Thanks for a great laugh and congrats on your beautiful new baby. She is truly lovely. By the way, I'm an old friend of Lia's from HS, in case you're wondering.
Your family is beautiful and I look forward to more great stories!
-Rachel
Post a Comment