10.27.2008

Still No Ciabatta

Katherine has yet to arrive. This despite my consuming vast quantities of potent herbs (squawvine and raspberry tea, for those interested in saving their money); trekking to Mystic Seaport and wandering around for two or three hours; walking to church pushing Julia in a half-flat stroller; pushing Julia and Eli in a stroller of nicely-aired tires for two hours through forest trails this morning; eating the spiciest salsa to be found at Price Rite on our burritos tonight; and having our local witch doctor cast enchantments at me. (That last one is the only method I haven't tried.)
So, despite our best efforts, my nephew Jace gets to keep his birthday all to himself. Happy Birthday, Jace!
































7 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Poor Lia! We feel for you, most profusely. (Is Katherine possibly scared of the "wolf child"?) Hopefully by the time you actually read this, she'll be well on her way. We're looking forward to pictures!

LisaJ said...

I am so sorry!! I know how miserable that is. You know, I watched a news report (when I was massive with the twins) about eggplant parmesan causing labor for several women. I didn't have to try it, but if you get too desperate...

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

That was SOOOOOOOOOOO not funny.

Natalie said...

Well, hopefully she'll be here soon! I feel for you!

Mindy said...

I agree with Caci and Trevor. That was a cruel trick you twisted my arm to perpetrate on my sweet, unsuspecting daughter. Shame on you for trying to steal Jace's thunder!

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Well, good luck. There are all kinds of fun things to try, and it looks like you have been quite busy with a lot of them. I love your belly in that first picture. :)

Jenilyn Collings said...

So you DID go to Mystic Seaport again. How is it? About as fun as everything else when you're pregnant?