Wednesday morning we heard that Nin was flying into Hartford,So we ran....
And got her! The girls were very excited. So was Nin. They were all so excited that they all came home and took naps.
Thursday we went to playgroup at Fort Nathan Hale. We'd never been there before, and it's actually closed for the season, but that didn't stop us. It was very cool and we highly recommend it to our New Haven friends. Nathan Hale was the Revolutionary War patriot who famously said something to the effect that I only regret I have but one life to give for my country.
Inquiring minds have requested to see our mini-van. Here she be.
We found a beached whale in Black Rock Fort; Nin, Julia, and Eli propped it up on the cannon and took a picture.
Fort Nathan Hale:


Friday we went apple-picking at a new place in Cheshire. It was lovely. So were the girls. So was my mom.
We had apple cider doughnuts afterward. 


When asked whether she'd like to continue on our walk through the orchard, Eli replied, "No. I'll stay here. I'm comfortable." Justin not being in the immediate proximity, Nin wondered for a moment how a two year old could have such a large vocabulary. Then she remembered any child trained to say "abominate" instead of "hate" certainly would know the word "comfortable".
Friday we went apple-picking at a new place in Cheshire. It was lovely. So were the girls. So was my mom.
When asked whether she'd like to continue on our walk through the orchard, Eli replied, "No. I'll stay here. I'm comfortable." Justin not being in the immediate proximity, Nin wondered for a moment how a two year old could have such a large vocabulary. Then she remembered any child trained to say "abominate" instead of "hate" certainly would know the word "comfortable".
11 comments:
From all I have heard the pictures don't nearly express the fun you are having. I am very grateful for this time for mom. She so deserves it.
I have booked a little excursion of my own that may pale in comparison but will have the same elevating effect for me as you are experiencing there.
Love ME
PS CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE STUD!
I loved all the pictures. And, Lia, shame on you for saying you look like a beached whale. You look great, just like you are supposed to look when you are so pregnant and way better than most people do at this stage!
Lia! Your girls are so grown up! When are you due with your next one? Boy or girl?? Hope all is well!
Danielle
What cute apple pictures! I bet it is so nice to have your mom here! I love that even though it was cold at Nathan Hale your girls are still wearing dresses! So cute! I am so glad I found your blog again...Jackson loves seeing his friends on the computer!:)
Eli looks adorable in the glasses. I love your blossoming belly. I am glad you get to have your mom visit. Thanks for your note! I also hope your baby has a small head.
You are NOT a beached whale Lia.
Thanks for all the pictures. I'm jealous of your new camera! (But not being starving students any more, I don't think we can talk mom into buying us one too.)
Wow! I can't believe how much your girls are changing. Julia's hair cut is so cute on her. Eli looks like she grew another foot or something...maybe it's the glasses that make her look so much older. So much fun! Your family is definitely the funnest family to visit if you want to tour an area. So fun! My mom hardly got the same treatment when she came for a visit. I don't even think I posted about it!!!
Lia, how are you always baking? Oh, and I love your table AND your mini-van. Hooray!
They were indeed very delightful! Thanks so much for sharing them with a lonely momma and her babe one pleasant Sunday evening. :) Emily
Oooh, I loved all these pictures. Makes me want to come to New England in the fall! We too recently visitd an apple orchard and I think I am going to perish waiting until next year to have cider donuts again. YUM!
you guys are all sooo cute!!! and it looks like your having sooo much fun!!! congrats on Katherine!!!
Post a Comment