That last is so old that our exchange student is long gone! Auf wiedersehen!
Gwyn makes life so fun. I often think about the funny things she says, "I'll write that in my journal tonight," but it never happens. Maybe an 11:41 am blog post right after it happens will serve our record-keeping better.
We spent a portion of the morning at the elementary school allowing Gwyn to record her speech for Leadership Day. She was chosen to represent the Kindergarten in a presentation of the Stephen Covey Seven Habits, and her assigned habit was Be Proactive. She did a great job, but there were a few bumps.
Over lunch, I asked if we should maybe have made it a little more animated. Perhaps if she had had some finger pointing and hand waving it would have been easier to remember each word of the speech and to look up at the camera instead of down at the podium. As I boisterously demonstrated what I had in mind, Gwyn watched me, one eye cocked, over the top of her peanut butter sandwich.
"So what do you think?" I concluded. "Would that have made it easier? Should we have added some gestures?"
She chewed thoughtfully and then responded slowly in a slight British accent, "I think it would have made it too hard for the child."
2.24.2020
A little more justice to Gwyn
Posted by J-L-J-E at 11:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment