Well, we had a good President's day to make up for a lousy Sunday. We forg
ot to mention that when Jini baby-sat Julia Saturday night, she opted for cuteness rather than warmth and dressed Julia in footless pajamas. Consequently, Julia woke up with a hoarse cough and runny nose, from which she has not yet recovered. So, since Daddy hasn't been able to enjoy Elders' Quorum for at least 8 months, I stayed home with Julia for all of church.
ot to mention that when Jini baby-sat Julia Saturday night, she opted for cuteness rather than warmth and dressed Julia in footless pajamas. Consequently, Julia woke up with a hoarse cough and runny nose, from which she has not yet recovered. So, since Daddy hasn't been able to enjoy Elders' Quorum for at least 8 months, I stayed home with Julia for all of church. Julia received so many presents on Monday she may think President's day falls right up there with birthdays and Christmas as far as goodies go. Her special ABC book from Nin arrived during
her nap; she was SO excited and had Daddy read it with her as soon as he got home. She calls it her "I see B's" book.
her nap; she was SO excited and had Daddy read it with her as soon as he got home. She calls it her "I see B's" book. Soon after this wonderful package arrived, Caci and Trevor brought Julia a present they were sure would win her affection: a Tickle-me-Elmo. She was rather terror-stricken at having two gigantic people thrusting a vibrating red fur-ball in her face, but by the end of the evening, Big Elmo was part of the little Sesame Street family. With this addition, though, her stroller looks l
ike it's administering deadly choke-holds rather than loving hugs. Oh, well.
ike it's administering deadly choke-holds rather than loving hugs. Oh, well.In honor of President's Day, and despite many mishaps, we finally managed to make Laura Bush's Guacamole to go with our dinner burritos (it was rather lemony), watched a short documentary on the Civil War for Family Home Evening, and sculpted U.S. Presidents out of Mamie Eisenhower's Sugar Cookie recipe. (That one was actually really good. I think it may be the best sugar cookies I've ever had!) Justin is certainly the finer artist in our family. It was a nice little holiday.
So, for those of you dying to know how great your gift of discernment, from top left and around to bottom left: JFK (Lia); Abraham Lincoln (Lia); George Washington (Justin); FDR (or Eisenhower, or Reagan, Justin); Richard Nixon (Justin); and George W. Bush (Lia). Any 100%?

3 comments:
A rather irrevererent, yet sickly appropriate quote for Presidents day that Dad will laugh at, and you might scour upon:
I'd Rather Go Hunting With Dick Cheney
Than Ride In A Car With Ted Kennedy!
I swear that one is the middle is Jini before mom cut the rats nest off the back of her head.
We are aching for more info on the Collings life to read about. We have been burning up with anticipation.
Post a Comment