
The cries of the hungry populace have finally rested upon the ears of the royal family, and they have pledged themselves not just to tossing down bread, but cake as well. Thus, find here, gentle blogger, a few morsels of information and a smattering of visual testament to our late proceedings.
Yesterday, Julia and I went with Grandma Collings to the local Temple of Nimrod the Mighty Hunter--Cabella's: World's Greatest Outfitter. We met Julia's aunt Jeni and cousins Jacob and Emmy there to admire the hunters' and taxidermists' handiwork; unfortunately, Julia exhuded more excite
ment over her living, breathing cousin Jacob than over the dead, stuffed animals. Jacob consequently had to spend most of his time evading Julia's attempted hand-holds and seeking refuge in his grandma's arms. At least they enjoyed themselves.
Having returned from this excursion, we found that maintenance had finally answered our request to fix the wiring on our central chandelier so we could stop dwelling in a cave, and had locked the door behind them. We spent the next half hour working on getting ourselves back inside.
The rest of the day brought many other frustrations--upon which I won't dwell--but things began picking up about 5:00 when we went and picked Justin up from school. I made Sciusciumiel, an ostensibly authentic Italian honey-cocoa cookie of which neither Justin nor his Italian professor had ever heard, for the Opening Ceremonies of the Torino Olympics bash held at Professoressa Noble's house. Julia was much admired but had to leave early to make her bedtime.
During Julia's bedtime ritual Dave and Margaret Hedengren came bearing gifts--a plate of chocolate chip, oatmeal, nut cookies and a mouse for our laptop--which Justin graciously received while I finished putting Julia to bed. We had an interesting and thought-provoking conversation with Dave and Margaret (and much historical instruction from Justin) until I could keep my eye-lids open no longer and we bid adieu a little before midnight. Oh how pregnancy mars all fun. (Or maybe that's the 6:00 a.m. alarm which cannot be switched off.)
2.11.2006
Cabella's
Posted by J-L-J-E at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Lia!! I wish that I would have read your first paragraph before I went to the poetry jam! I could have recited that there and fit right in! - Trevor
Post a Comment