I think I inaugurated a more frequent reprisal of Gwyndelin's sayings by commenting that she is as funny as Elisabeth ever was at that age. But Elisabeth has not left off. A few days ago, Gwyndelin, with a large stack of newly-illustrated pages in hand, was looking for the stapler.
"Gwyn, you cannot have the stapler! Mom, do NOT let her have the stapler!" raised a chorus of voices.
"Why not?" I asked.
"She hits it to staple and breaks it!" yelled one.
"She uses way too many papers and breaks it!" offered another.
"Because she uses too many staples and there are no staples at the stores anymore!" enthused Elisabeth, angrily.
"There are staples at the store, Elisabeth...." I began.
"No there aren't!" she rebutted. "The prophet just said! Shortages of food, staples, and savings! We have to be sparing!"
Elisabeth loves the four-term fallacy. She gets it from her punny papa.
4.10.2020
She's still got it
Posted by J-L-J-E at 6:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Uh, what's the four-term fallacy?
Post a Comment