7.15.2018

First day of forever

I don't know that this blog truly will continue on into the Millenium, but since I made a resolve this week to blog every Sunday, even though we've done plenty of reporting already, here is yet another post.  In truth, we know that scenes like this--in which entire families are gathered around their computers, repeatedly hitting the refresh button on a Sunday evening, sitting in breathless anticipation as to whether the Collings have yet updated their blog--happens only at our house (the kids really were reading back over old blog posts in this picture).

 

But even if it is only for our own posterity that we make the promise, I said what I said and I said what I meant and an elephant's faithful, 100%.  

Since Friday, then, the most exciting thing that happened was Justin's sister Rosalyn using her extra ticket to a matinee performance of The Phantom of the Opera to take Julia on a little date.  We also enjoyed two more meals from the wonderful sisters in our ward.  Elinor did all her baby things, 
 

including getting a bath, and everyone else did all their Saturday cleaning, Sunday sabbath type of things.  

Let's slap on some pictures of our 4th of July happenings, then, shall we?  That being my final day of pregnancy, and dreading an induction, I spent much of the day trying to hypno-relax in hopes I'd go into labor on my own.  Justin, meanwhile, took the early risers to the balloon fest
 the whole family on a picnic to the American Fork amphitheater
 and then to the Colonial Fest to watch a free musical someone puts on entitled Battles Cries of Freedom, I believe.  For one number they invite all the children to come on stage and participate.  Gwyn is right at the front turned toward the left; Katharine is just behind her in a pink shirt, I believe.  Elisabeth is on the left side just in front of the men.  Abdiel did not have his Greatest Showman persona on and sat firmly by me.  Daddy made our last day as a family of seven quite a party!  Thanks, Daddy!

0 comments: