Our Dad truly is the best father in the world. This morning, he graciously thanked everyone for the breakfast of french toast with strawberries and whipped cream (yoghurt for him, since he's not eating sugar) as well as bacon. He also appreciated our gifts. Together, Abdiel and Gwyndelin recited "Nobody" by Emily Dickenson. Mom made Gwyn a little illustrated book of this poem, and it is adorable to listen to her "read" it. She has cute little accents and hand motions which she uses for dramatic emphasis in her readings. Then Katharine proceeded to declaim "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod" by Eugene Field. Following which, Elisabeth told him the story of Edward Lear's "The Owl and the Pussy-Cat". Since we were supposed to find a poem that would be entertaining to the two youngest children, I decided to make a little illustrated book of "The Jumblies", also by Edward Lear.
6.17.2018
Father's Day 2018
The second picture is of Dad's favorite lines from the poem.
During YW, Elisabeth and I made cards for Dad. We both had the idea to open our letters with, "O mio babbino caro", the title of one of our favorite songs meaning, "O, my dear little father". However, I was creasing my paper in half while Elisabeth was opening her pen, and so she got to write it first. She also wrote the entire letter in Italian. I am not quite so smart as that, so I just wrote mine in English, opening with,
"Dear Dad,
It was totally my idea to write 'O mio babbino caro', but Elisabeth wrote it first,
so now I can't do it."
He thought it was funny. Here is the cover of Elisabeth's card:
This cover has all of Dad's favorite things except that his favorite animal is NOT a squirrel. Elisabeth thinks she's so funny.
Dad decided that, in honor of Father's Day, he will do all the little things throughout the day that make him a father. This includes cleaning up breakfast, taking small children to the bathroom during Sacrament Meeting, making and cleaning up lunch, embarking on hunts for missing sippy cups and legos, and taking all us kids on a drive so that Mom can sleep. We're so grateful for how awesome he is! Happy Father's Day!
Posted by J-L-J-E at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment