Can anyone else hardly believe that we are the parents of an 8 year old?! I guess it makes the bad knees and aching joints of a 30 year old all worth it. (Which would be Justin....I'm not that old yet, and certainly don't have any of those old people pains. All mine are due to a 30 pound middle.)
So, yes, a few weeks after moving into our new little rental house, we celebrated Julia's birthday.
Julia got a few books and a necklace and some finds at the Goodwill (still-wrapped American Girl puzzles and 1986 Clue game in perfect condition, at least in perfect condition until it had spent 10 minutes in the hands of some of these Collings girls).
Then we sent her on a scavenger hunt for.....
a bike! Wahoo! All shiny and store-bought. We're really letting this employment thing go to our head.
Julia's requested birthday breakfast: waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Except it turns out she doesn't like whipped cream. She likes that aerosol chemical in a spray can. My bad.I haven't found it all that amusing that I've donned a swimming suit more in the last month of my pregnancy than I have in the previous two years of my life. I think I'll change to the tried and true pregnancy color black the next time around; the old ego takes a hit so frequently being mistaken for a blue whale.







0 comments:
Post a Comment