Of course the great thing about eight for an LDS kid is getting baptized! Julia was SOOOO excited about her baptism. Since in our more than five years in New Haven I had NEVER seen two primary children baptized at the same service, I took the liberty of telling Julia she could go ahead and plan her whole program herself. Oops! Things are a little different in the Woodbridge Ward with their 200 child primary than they are in New Haven with their 30 child primary, and there were actually 2 other little boys who could have been baptized at the same time! One, however, decided to follow in the footsteps of the prophet and get baptized in the Susquehanna river, so we just gave the Woodbridge chapel to the other little boy and went back over to New Haven for Julia's outlined agenda.

Justin's parents flew out for the event and provided the opening and closing prayers and refreshments afterwards. Thanks Bruce and Patti!
Yifru Hailu stood in the circle to confirm her.
Our friends from China and Sri Lanka were able to attend since we held the service at New Haven, which made it worth it as well.
Bishop Petersen conducted and presided, and his lovely wife spear-headed the intermission project.
Good friends filled out our numbers. Thanks Taylors!
Julia's primary teacher (and the father of the Susquehanna adventurer) brought his family out to show their support. Apparently this is the man responsible for Gollum in The Lord of the Rings, one reason he's now pursuing a PhD in evolutionary biology! And our favorite Scot, Brother Hutton, who also helped confirm Julia.
We sang a special version of "When I Am Baptized" in between my and Justin's talks. All as prescribed by Ms. Julia. I thought she did a great job with her program.
We're so proud of our big girl! We love you, Julia!
And I think we're home free until this kid gets here! Just 12 more days, and not a moment sooner (actually, a few moments later, preferably) since Justin flies out to Buffalo to take the NY Bar in just seven and won't be back for another three after that. At least he's not in Egypt or something.















3 comments:
Oh Lia, you are so funny. I love reading your posts and hearing you talk through your words. I can't believe Julia is EIGHT. Seriously. She was just barely one, at Wymount. She's a beauty!
What a beautiful day! We are so proud of Julia :)
It brings such powerful emotions imagining baptizing one's own child. Congratulations to you all.
Post a Comment