ELI: Daddy, when I'm a mom [i.e. "when I'm big," otherwise the chronology suggested here may shock the innocent], I'm going to get a wedding. And some of my wedding flowers are going to be . . . broccoli flowers. And some of their stems are going to be . . . BROCCOLI!
This can actually be written out as a modernish poem:
When I'm a mom I'm going to get--
A wedding.
And some of my wedding flowers are going to be--
Broccoli flowers.
And some of their stems are going to be--
Broccoli.
-------------------------
Two days later:
ELI: Daddy, in my dream, I was in a cottage--all alone in a cottage. And I began to be very lonely. But then a bear came into the cottage and gave me long, red roses and pink flowers. And then you came and shot [not the friendly bear, but . . . ] the dragon [heaven knows where he came from, but I emphatically shot him]. There was a dragon inside the cottage and you SHOT him. And then the dragon magically became . . . JULIA! This dragon [pointing mysteriously to her left pinky] became Julia! Because mommy was the queen. And because you shot the dragon, and this dragon [the pinky again] magically became Julia.
------------------------
Finally, though not involving flowers:
ELI: And they all asked us, "Who is Katharine?" And we both replied, "She's our baby sister!"
2.17.2010
Floral Fantasies
Posted by Justin at 4:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Eli and Jace seem to race on the same track.
Post a Comment