Today being Labor Day, I labored not. Instead we piled into the van and drove up Route 34 to a small state park in nearby Derby, where took a short--very short--nature walk. Eli, who loves flowers even more than she loves frills (and by flowers I mean, usually, dead dandelions), was dutifully marching along, one of her little hands sweetly enclosed in mind and the other tenaciously gripping a newly-picked "flower." Then the path grew "prickly" and I had to pick Eli up and carry her for a spell. I was also carrying Katharine in the baby-pack on my back. Katharine, ever impish, made short order of stealing Eli's flower and making it somehow disappear. Eli, crushed, assumed she had eaten it. Not having napped today, Eli began to wail with more than usual anguish and thunder. "My poor flower," she began. "My poor, poor FLOWER!!!" she continued. "It was eaten by a MONSTER!!!" she lamented. "And the monster was my BABY SISTER!!!" she concluded, and then yielded herself entirely to her sobs and her sorrow.
9.07.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hahahha!! Oh glory!! That dirty rotten MONSTER!!! What IS a three year old princess to do, with a monster for a baby sister?! The poor thing. I send my sympathies.
Thank you for the invite! :) I love increasing my vocabulary by reading your blog, plus, I like the pictures of the girls.
Wow, it has been too long. It looks like you have been busy! Germany, Italy, and more. You have a wonderful family and we miss seeing you. I wish you the very best. Thanks for inviting me to your blog.
Hhahaha, so dramatic! She is going to grow up to be just like Madonna! Yay!
We are all very excited about making our own journal entries about the high adventures of the Collings princesses. We can't wait for October.
Hee, hee, hee. You gotta love it. :)
I feel the same way Eli---when Beau eats my apple pie.
Thank you for sending that email and link info. It makes blog commenting much easier.
So let's give you a little reward for the effort.
Eli, if Opa would have been there you would not have lost your flower.
I would have made mommy retrieve it from the monster compost pile.
That IS a tragic tale! What ever happened to the "flower"? Did the monster actually eat it? Or just drop it along the path somewhere?
Post a Comment