Here's our jubilant Kindergartner!
Eli is such a good little sister. She was so excited for Julia even though she is so sad to have her best friend gone six hours a day now.


Eli is such a good little sister. She was so excited for Julia even though she is so sad to have her best friend gone six hours a day now.


Julia loved her first day. When I asked her how many friends she had in her class she answered, "Well, there's 21 kids, but one is me, so...." What a great attitude! And she said goodbye to a good chunk of them by name as we were walking home. She was so tired when we got home; as she sat finishing her lunch and telling me about her day (the retelling of which mostly centered on lunch and recess) her little eyelids were so heavy she could barely keep them open and she crashed on my bed soon after that.
P.S. With our new inroads into our larger community, I think we'll probably make this blog private before next Sunday, so send me an e-mail if you want admission. Thanks!
The next day we went to a Kindergarten parent pizza thing in the park and met some of her classmates parents. There are a bunch of new families in our ward with kindergartners, a bunch from our apartment complex, and Justin even has a few of his professors' kids in Julia's class. A little awkward! At any rate, we're so proud of our little schoolgirl!
P.S. With our new inroads into our larger community, I think we'll probably make this blog private before next Sunday, so send me an e-mail if you want admission. Thanks!
13 comments:
I don't know what we will do when Caleb goes to school. What an exciting a sad day. Please keep us on the blog access list, it is one of our only avenues back into the New Haven world.
We would love to continue reading your blog. (Oh, and thank you for the towel. We have one of your books. We will be in NY in October, so I will get it to you then unless you want to try to get it earlier. From what I hear, mailing it can take that long or longer and isn't reliable).
Julia is so darling! Their curriculum is so rigerous the children pass out after school?! My goodness!
I think Julia can probably skip kindergarten and go straight to about 7th grade.
Add us please! laurenmstacey@gmail.com and andrewstacey@gmail.com
I can't believe Julia is in kindergarten!! She looks adorable in her little vest. I definitely want to be invited to your blog!
Please keep us on your blog list! How else can we keep tabs on you?
...and some of MY professor's kids. Yipes. Thanks for the invite!
Oh, so cute. I can't believe she is in K. I am glad we still have a year. 6 hrs a day is too long. I will be so sad. Thanks for the invite. We certainly miss you guys.
Oh my gosh, this is going to be us in one year! I can't believe Julia is in kindergarten. When we met you guys, she was not even one yet. How is it having her gone for 6 hours a day? It breaks my heart just to think of it...
Both Julia and Eli will now blossom! Kindergarten is manna to the younger sibling's soul. I'm excited for all of you.
Yeah for Julia! Way to go! Happy days.
Curley's commented on how long Julia's hair has become. How exciting to be in Kindergarten - I am sure she is the smartest in the class!
I think that is a great idea to make this private. I keep getting blog comment requests from strangers who feel like you have the best blog based on the quality of the comment pool, hahahaa!
I thank you for allowing us to view the kids through photos. You do a great job with that.
Julia looks so vibrant!!
Post a Comment