Though today not so much, which is why I have time to post. My apologies at the outset that you will find no humor, only information, in this post. Justin refuses to speak, read, or write anything das ist kein Deutsch, so, for the sake of most, or at least many, (some? is there anyone out there beside Rosalyn and Eva?) of our readers, I'll try to write occasionally.
Last week we--meaning Jini, the girls and I, took a train to Munich Monday morning to stay with a marvelous family from Jini's mission in Starnberg. Jeni and Michael Sneddon and their five children are so inspiring. It's wonderful to see families in regions remote from the center of the Church working so hard to live the gospel and especially to see the fruits of that living in the older children. We went with Jeni and their four year old Rebekah to
Neuschwanstein with the girls dressed in their princess dresses. They brought smiles to many a soul so long as we were outside the castle, but our actual tour (of Schwangau, actually; the other was a three hour wait) coinciding right with Eli's nap, I'm sure they found her one of those spoiled-brat Prinzessin. I certainly did. The picnic at a strawberry patch beforehand and the carriage-ride down the hill and strawberry ice cream afterward basically made it a princess-perfect day. (Though not picture perfect; in our rush to make our train I forgot to grab our camera and we only had Jini's to capture the moments. I'm sorrier than anyone, I hope.)
Neuschwanstein with the girls dressed in their princess dresses. They brought smiles to many a soul so long as we were outside the castle, but our actual tour (of Schwangau, actually; the other was a three hour wait) coinciding right with Eli's nap, I'm sure they found her one of those spoiled-brat Prinzessin. I certainly did. The picnic at a strawberry patch beforehand and the carriage-ride down the hill and strawberry ice cream afterward basically made it a princess-perfect day. (Though not picture perfect; in our rush to make our train I forgot to grab our camera and we only had Jini's to capture the moments. I'm sorrier than anyone, I hope.)The next day I took the girls downtown while Jini went a visitin' where we had a feast for the eye in the Alte Rathaus, a feast for the tongue with amazing European bread, a feast for the ear in a blonde German Madchen playing many of my favorite songs on her violin in the doorway of an old church that had wonderful acoustics. And the girls were pretty good, too.
The youngest, however, is not good now, so more to come later.
7 comments:
so have him post auf Deutsch. Sheesh.
Aber es freut mich dass ihre Prinzessin sind im Land der Maerchen!!
I hope Justin doesn't blow out his eyeballs keeping this German thing up.
We read...so keep it coming (in english please :))
It sounds so wonderful! I am glad your whole family gets to enjoy such an experience! I love it that the girls wore their princess dresses to Neuschwanstein - those crazy americans!
We love Neuschanstein! I'm so jealous that you got to go! In princess dresses, no less. You guys live large!
We're (or at least I'm) still around, but ever since discovering Google Reader, I'm not good at remembering to comment. However, I fully forgive myself since the commentlessness is not a one sided arrangement. ;-)
Did you take pictures of the princesses at the princess castle?
Post a Comment