We love you, too! What a fantastic five years!
Many thanks to Grandma Patti for the Ariel figurines, the beautiful smocked Sunday dress, I Can Read books, dress-up jewelry, hair things, Disney CDs, and, more thoughtful than them all...
a rainbow skirt! We can't tell you how many pictures of Julia's fifth, sixth, seventh, ad infinitum birthdays Julia has ordered Justin to draw since her birthday last year in DC, the common theme of each being the rainbow skirt she donned. I don't know if a glimpse of such a picture inspired her, but we were all amazed at Grandma's choice.

Our German beach babe.

Make that plural.


Katharine's learning to hold her own.


What are you doing, Pretty Princess?
"Getting a large carrot!"
Back on June 12th...


At the beginning of the month we made a paper chain countdown to our departure for Germany with a fun thing to do each day. We made spring bunnies, picked strawberries, made jam, made bread, arranged multitudinous playdates until N1H1 flu broke out in the Primary, visited the beach, tie-dyed shirts, checked out a few libraries, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs, had a "doll-up day". Lots of fun!



6 comments:
Happy birthday Julia! I can't believe it's been five years--I still remember holding her when she was just a couple of weeks old.
When do you leave for Germany?
Julia's birthday, how in the world can we live with ourselves for missing that! Must have been a real great day. Tell her happy birthday from us!
Happy Birthday Julia! I miss you guys so much. I can't believe you are doing so many fun things without me. Katherine is so big. I can't wait to hear about all your Germany adventures.
Lia, you are my hero . . . when I grow up I want to be just like you. So, would you care to share your expertise in bread making?
Nice bread. Bring me a book in german if you have any room in (y)our suitcases! (only If.)
PS. The degree represents the learning obtained, n'est pas?
Lovely bread. I've been at it for MANY years and my ww bread still doesn't look that good. Hope you like your birthday present. Aunt Jini is delivering it in person. Nin & Opa love you THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment