JULIA: Daddy, I'm out there--out in the living room--alone--all alone. So what you can do is get out of bed, put on your clothes, and come out there with me. Then I wouldn't be all alone. But right now, I'm out there all alone. So come on.
4.18.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you read any of the Francis books to Julia? She sounds just like Francis here (we have one where Francis runs away from home--underneath the kitchen table--and sings a lovely little ditty about being lonely.) I wish we didn't live so far away and could hear some of these in person!
This reminds me of the night Julia woke up about four times (in addition to the four times Eli woke up and the four times Katherine woke up) and sat on the toilet crying for Daddy to come help her with the potty wipes. I pleaded with her to let me help, since I was already awake (and had been most of the night) but she refused to be consoled. Popularity has its price!
Post a Comment