This is the utterly most pregnant I can possibly make myself look, and, for being barely nine weeks, I'd say I do a frightfully good job of it. (In my defense, this is an exhaled, after-meal, form-fitting dress shot). So, yes, super sleuths, that blood work was to test the viability of
our budding baby's home until Halloween time when it shall make its grand entrance onto this mortal stage.
In addition to the fainting episode, our senior editor neglected to mention that the happy news of that visit was that I heard the baby's heart beat! Isn't that amazing? The lovable little parasite is just a few inches long, but already has a beating, beating, beating little heart.
He also neglected to mention that Julia had her first Creative Movement for 3 and 4 year olds class at the Yale gym on Saturday morning. He probably neglected it because, being at a ward move rather than at his post as a wall-flower in this dance class, he completely forgot it happened. I, on the other hand, having to do most of the creative moving myself in an effort to get Julia to move, and this while packing Eli on one hip, am still smarting from plies across the room, taps in all directions, and various and sundry other gyrations. If anyone is feeling the hurt of my embarrassment more than the hurt of my right quadricep, no fears--90% of the other participants were Asians who seemed very confused at the whole business anyway.
12 comments:
Lia, I can't help finding it amusing that you're doing your best in the picture to look pregnant while I, meanwhile, have been doing my best NOT to look pregnant (of course, I've now reached the stage where that's virtually impossible--but I've still only had two people at church ask me so far . . .)
I knew it!! I was going to comment on the last post, but I chickened out at the last minute. Congratulations!! Lia, you should steal the blogging pen from Justin more often (not that I don't appreciate his voice). I thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments about current life, and like most of the posts on your blog, it made me smile. :)
Sweet, an Ivy league cousin for our little guy.
Tres Bien! or should I say Trois Bien!
I think creative moving is probably good exercise for a pregnant woman. You and Julia should make it a daily practice. Love, nin
Ah Ha!! A baby! A baby! We have a baby! And he shall be born on the 25 of October 2008. 31 years after my own being reborn into the light of the gospel. Or was that when I went on my mission?
In Spanish we call having a baby
"Giving light". Isn't that interesting that we refer to being spiritually reborn "receiving the light".
Congrats! I can't believe this will be your third...meanwhile I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't have a picture of my complete side profile posted on my blog...I better get on that.
Congratulations Lia! That is very exciting. I really enjoy your blog. You and Justin are such great writers!
Congrats, guys! We're really excited for you!
Psha-- that's old news! Julia told me AGES ago! Nonetheless, CONGRATS!! I can't WAIT to see it!!!!!
Oh YAY!! I am so so so excited for you guys. You guys make such creative, beautiful children that I can't wait to see the next one. I hope you're feeling great, Lia... although from the previous post it sounds like first-trimester exhaustion has hit you. It is SO exciting and amazing to hear that little beating heart. Congratulations to all of you!!
I am way excited and hope that you are taking your Vitamin B6! Also, could you write a book about how to be pregnant when you have two energetic children? Thank you. That is, of course, if your first trimester is difficult. If it's not, I don't want to hear about how easy it is to have your 3rd child! As a side note, the ONLY reason why you are showing at all even when exhaling is because you are as skinny as a rail!
That is wonderful.
Post a Comment