10.29.2011

Eli Militant

We spent a lot of this Saturday morning cleaning the apartment. Eli dragged her feet and I had to urge her to exertion with eloquent lectures on the value of hard work. Gradually, she caught the spirit of the occasion, though somewhere along the way her notions of "work" and "working out" became blurred. "I'm working out!" she roared. "I'm working out, and I'm strong!" In support of this declaration she adduced the evidence of her flexed bicep. "Wow!" cried Lia. "You are strong!" "Well," Eli explained, "I have been a tomboy by snarfing up peppers and lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, and corn. And I've been working out. So now I'm a tomboy." Then she flounced off, her little skirt bouncing, her fairy arms flopping, her flower shirt radiant. "But I'm also a girl," she added with a hearty snort.

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Where does she gets these crazy ideas. Lia, maybe you should sit in on some of her school classes.