Tonight as we were finishing up the dishes Julia emerged from her room looking distressed. She's not supposed to come out after bedtime, and I've recently had occasion to repeat this rule to the girls with some emphasis on a nightly basis. Julia was initially worried I would reprimand her but, summoning patience, I gently asked her what was wrong.
"Eli," she began--as she usually begins when airing a grievance. "Eli is getting out of bed and talking and playing so that I can't sleep. And she does this every night," Julia continued. "She does this EVERY YEAR. She did it in 2009, and now she's doing it in 2010!"
Our second child, it seems, is a perennial scoundrel.
1.05.2010
Julia's Scourge
Posted by J-L-J-E at 6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praise her consistency!
It is funny how so many people think that the spunk she displays is her most adoring characteristic.
That is too funny!
Post a Comment