7.30.2008

Sweet Memories of Chess

"That was very rude what you did," Julia recently remonstrated me, quite without warning. I was all astonishment, wondering what I had done. She solemnly continued: "That was very rude, when I was in Mommy's belly, how you threw over the chess board!" She paused to allow me the full measure of my guilt before adding superfluously, "Because Mommy won." I confess to the deed, nearly five years past, and can only wonder who told Julia about it. Lia, observing the scene, smiled ingenuously.

4 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Did you really do that, Justin???? If so, I have to agree with Julia; that was very, very, very rude. Reading that brought back memories of playing games with my brother--my then six-year-old brother. :)

Jenilyn Collings said...

Hmm. That must run in the family. I think I did that with Samuel the first time we played chess together...

Rosalyn said...

I threw cards at Dan one night because he beat me(it was the night before we found out I was pregnant with Andrew). I always thought it was just the pregnancy hormones, but maybe it IS a family thing. (But at least the cards weren't as heavy as chess pieces!)

opa said...

I made a new password so "I'm Back".
RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!
RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE! RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!RUDE!AAAAAHHHHH! Julia-Your daddy should not be allowed to play chess with your mommy for 3 games without a queen. Then we will forgive him. Does that sound fair. And if he does it again let's give him some quiet time on the couch after church. Love dad and opa