Okay, okay, okay. Pictures! I really haven't been lazy, I've been sick, and looking at a screen for any length of time only exacerbates the problem. So, in addition to not answering e-mails, not reading or commenting on anyone else's blog, and generally avoiding our computers as though they were the black death, I have neglected to post our pictures. Now that I'm officially done with the first trimester, though, I have high hopes that all sickness is done with it and that I will find all sorts of energy to perform my normal duties.
This first picture stands as evidence that Grandma is the greatest. I finally decided to organize the girls' baby clothes into 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, etc. etc. etc. It came a bit late--I found a whole little box of 18 month pants, which would explain why Eli seemed never to have anything to wear for the past six months. Each of those bins (plus two more big boxes to boot) are filled with the girls' outgrown clothes, 99% of which came from Patti, 100% of which she bought on sale.
Eli had lots of fun playing in the boxes.Our next exhibit introduces a little story: last Saturday while Julia and Daddy were at Creative Movement, Eli and I were hanging out. I was busy with something on our living room floor when I looked up to see Eli, dressed as you see here, galloping around the corner singing "She'll be riding six white horses when she comes!" at the top of her lungs. I grabbed the video camera and asked her if she'd sing it again and--surprise!--she was only too willing to oblige. So if not our faithful readers, at least posterity will get to appreciate this stirring rendition of a great American folk song. (Though if you're really interested, I'm sure a phone call request would be answered favorably).
This next is a picture Julia colored for Jini, my sister on a mission in Germany. It's our family, with the smallest yellow blob representing the baby in my belly which Julia is sure is a boy. She often asks (especially in uncomfortable places like public bathroom stalls) why her brother is squished inside my belly. This is better than other things she's asked, though, so I guess I should be grateful.
Our timing for cleaning out closets was perfect: my box of maternity clothes arrived from my sister with a few extra surprises. Caci made the girls these adorable tutus; Nin sent homemade Pomegranate jam and some caramels;
and Kinsi sent me this dress that Jini had given her for Christmas which lacked some sort of animal print and thus was not her style. I LOVE it! It goes perfect with some pearls my grandma gave me and some shoes I bought on super sale with which I have had nothing at all to wear. In honor of the origin, I am here trying to look German.
Julia wanted me to take this picture. In almost every picture I've taken of Julia recently, she has her eyes closed. She's still cute.
4.27.2008
Playing Catch Up
Voila!
Posted by Justin at 10:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved these! It is so fun to read about your little adventures, and even better to see pictures of them. Best wishes with the sickness. It is the worst thing in the world.
So glad you are feeling better! Jealous of the bins of clothes (and the jam and caramels, to be honest). :) The dress looks great on you, and the girls are darling in their tutus. And what about the yellow blob?? Do YOU think it's a boy?
Cute pictures of the girls--thanks for posting them! As for the boy . . . well, it IS up next on the Collings grandchild roster (assuming the ultrasound tech was right on ours), so you might get lucky! :)
Post a Comment