Dear Friends,
In lieu of shining English prose today, we thought we'd give you all something at which to scoff and smile. [We have since edited out the object to which that sentence refers...we weren't anymore convinced that Justin was superman and I was Jessica Simpson than any of you were.]Justin's had a long week. FIP ended trailing no clouds of glory; his moot court brief was turned in with a stamp of "not fantastic" burning upon it; and his favorite institute student was unable to attend his class because their shared progeny refused to take naps and thus required an early bed. With such a week, who WOULD want to review it again?
The weekend, however, turned out to be grand enough almost even to stamp out the disappointments of the previous however many hours. (If only we had Justin here...he'd figure them out).
We celebrated our 4th anniversary, marked the second of this month, by purchasing a flex-pass
to the Yale Rep Theater. We redeemed our first two tickets Friday night by viewing Shakespeare's Richard II. It was amazing. The actor who played Richard was a very good looking young man trained at Julliard who could not have done a whit better at portraying his regal, megalomaniacal character. Everyone else was just as good. We paid $10 each for our tickets. After I raved to my friends, one of them went to check it out and found her price, not being affiliated with Yale, would have been $48. I think $100 per ticket would not have been too great a price to pay for the performance rendered. We are SO excited to see two future shows by this troupe. Wow.
October General Conference is our favorite time of the year, and this was certainly an excellent one. The girls were pretty well behaved (we only actually took them to the chapel for Sunday morning), and even took naps on my duty with them at home, so we got to hear pretty good chunks of it. We're resolved to do better and be better and were left with renewed gratitude for the restored gospel and our small part in it. And I LOVE
Sister Beck! What an excellent message she bears for the women in Israel! Fantastic!
The one happy event of the week pre-Friday was Eli's annual evaluation with Birth-Three. They did testing to see if she still needs services, and the results aren't officially back yet, but
we're pretty sure she checked out fine. She's caught up! I'm attributing all her mechanical ineptitude to her genes (Julia's pretty behind on that, too), and if she's walking and talking, who cares whether she can thread a bead onto a string? I must admit, though, that when I realized Eli would be going into nursery next week, and recalled that Julia knew all the actions to all the activity songs before that momentous day in her life, I immediately started working on "Popcorn" with her. Eli was recalcitrant, shrieking "Nooooooo!!!!!!!" and running away, clutching her stuffed chicken all the while. Maybe "In the Leafy Treetops" will go over better. 
In lieu of shining English prose today, we thought we'd give you all something at which to scoff and smile. [We have since edited out the object to which that sentence refers...we weren't anymore convinced that Justin was superman and I was Jessica Simpson than any of you were.]Justin's had a long week. FIP ended trailing no clouds of glory; his moot court brief was turned in with a stamp of "not fantastic" burning upon it; and his favorite institute student was unable to attend his class because their shared progeny refused to take naps and thus required an early bed. With such a week, who WOULD want to review it again?
The weekend, however, turned out to be grand enough almost even to stamp out the disappointments of the previous however many hours. (If only we had Justin here...he'd figure them out).
We celebrated our 4th anniversary, marked the second of this month, by purchasing a flex-pass
October General Conference is our favorite time of the year, and this was certainly an excellent one. The girls were pretty well behaved (we only actually took them to the chapel for Sunday morning), and even took naps on my duty with them at home, so we got to hear pretty good chunks of it. We're resolved to do better and be better and were left with renewed gratitude for the restored gospel and our small part in it. And I LOVE
The one happy event of the week pre-Friday was Eli's annual evaluation with Birth-Three. They did testing to see if she still needs services, and the results aren't officially back yet, but
9 comments:
I think the "junior editor" should have a chance to write the blogs more often. Not that I don't love Justin, but it's nice to have a bit of a change once in a while. (Hmm. Maybe I should make Dan write our blog next week). Glad to hear Eli is doing well. Andrew doesn't know any of the songs yet either, and he's actually been in nursery for several months.
Well, not to brag or anything, but Jace knows all the actions to all the songs in the purple section of the songbook. Tomorrow our task of the day is to learn all the yellow ones. Oh, how wonderful it is to have a child prodigy as our first!
Lia, how fun to hear your voice! I have to admit that I am jealous of your theater experience, partly because of the play and partly because of the fact that I am sure your husband wanted to go to the play. :) Not that Will's really had a chance to turn me down, but I doubt he'd be excited as I am sure Justin was. Anyway. I am glad to hear that Eli is doing so well and that you had an enjoyable anniversary.
I'm sure you aren't surprised, I loved Sister Beack, too! It was so fun to partly listen to her message while hearding what felt like chickens (the girls) in our living room.
Yes We found each other again!
Can't type too much because Sydney is fighting for my lap.
But we WILL keep in touch!!
What a great way to celebrate your anniversary. It's true that things are less fun if you have to pay full price. Good fortune follows you everywhere though!
I love the dress-up picture of your little nursery diva! She is adorable and absolutely amazing! Keep us posted on her birth-three graduation ceremony.
I must say that your celbrity look-alikes are much more accurate than the ones we did. So, are you still headed to Maine or is that vacation on hold?
I have never seen a maniacal lead character "PLAYED" better than 25 years of marriage to your mother. I have learned that for $10 I would gladly pay to see her play the part so cheap. The only time she plays maniacal is when she's overdrawn $30,000. So I guess that is a pretty good deal be it $10 or $100.
I am sorry that you had a tough week but --- WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES------BOOOOOOYYYS!
Love opaaaa///
I read opa's comment. Three back slashes means three days until the check hits. I'm not sure why he punctuated his name with back slashes. Maybe that means in three days opa will hit the bank. If he thinks I'm manial at $30K overdrawn, he should have seen me while he was in Israel and I was $69K overdrawn. No kidding!!! PS Eli is adorable and you should frame the picture of The Praying Julia. Love you all.
Post a Comment