6.05.2007

Another addition to our little family!



All you late blog-checkers get a great treat this week: you are sure not to miss the wonderful news that we now have a piano!!! And a beautiful one, too!

Isn't it beautiful? And it was FREE!!!! A huge thanks to my man Justin, who not only found a pick-up truck and rounded up a couple guys to help out with the move, but who also--after knocking off a leg, tearing off the bottom, and dismembering the damper pedal--found a salve for the damage in little more than one of the girls' wooden blocks. He ain't at Yale for nothin', folks! Here are a few more shots of our beautiful little Bundle of Joy:


(My dad is probably the only one who could attest that this shot of me is a hoax; I can barely play "Chopsticks" without a score.)

6 comments:

-A said...

Good thing, I'm a bit compulsive and check your blog every time I check anyone else's. It's part of the list . . . you can't just skip part of the list! Beautiful piano. I've enjoyed having the Marimba around for Jordan to play and I'm sure you'll enjoy the piano.

Jenilyn Collings said...

Congratulations! It's a lovely piano. I'm sure your neighbors will enjoy it as well when Julia plays.

mary said...

Free piano!! Amazing!

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

I am SO JEALOUS!

Mindy said...

Lia, you are such a prevaricator. I well remember countless hours of beautiful music filling our home day after day. And what about sacrament organ? Let's not downplay our heaven-sent gifts. Our lesson today in SS was on multiplying our talents. Is the free piano program only in CT? Could anyone else benefit from knowing how to get a free piano? Love you, nin

Mindy said...

Lia, you are such a prevaricator. I well remember countless hours of beautiful music filling our home day after day. And what about sacrament organ? Let's not downplay our heaven-sent gifts. Our lesson today in SS was on multiplying our talents. Is the free piano program only in CT? Could anyone else benefit from knowing how to get a free piano? Love you, nin