11.07.2006

Successful Surgery

Eli's fourth shunt was placed successfully early this afternoon and, aside from the usual post-op trauma, she seems to be doing reasonably well under the circumstances. We've learned from sad experience not to give Eli a full meal after an operation, and today marked her first puke-free post-op yet. She also had X-ray and CT images taken after the operation; no results yet. It's been a very long day, especially for Lia. The LaDukes kindly took Julia in again and even had Julia and me over for pizza dinner before I went back to the hospital this evening, this time with Julia in tow. Lia's spirits were much better after seeing Julia for a couple of hours (the same would probably be true of Eeyore).

It's too early to say (I now sound like an election return pundit) when they'll be coming home, but Thursday's not too soon if Eli recovers well. Thanks to everyone for your concern and prayers.

1 comments:

The Ballard Family said...

I am so proud of you Lia. You are a pro! Even though I'm sure you'd like to be focusing your time and energy on other fun things with your family, you have risen to the challenge. Eli is so lucky to have such a smart mother and sweet father to help her through all of this. I'm sure you have been strengthened in your trials and I hope you feel that Eli has been strengthened as well. We will continue to pray for you and, of course, brag about you. Shawn and I really couldn't be more proud of you and your precious Eli.

P.S. Week 11 for us!